How to Identify Real 925 Sterling Silver Jewelry?

There are cheaper alternatives available in the market, fanning to the ever-increasing customer demand for wholesale jewelry. People can now try out a lot of different designs without worrying about burning a hole in their pockets.

One of the metals that has got a popular name tag among new age jewelry is Sterling silver. It is a stunning counterpart of pure silver with purity level being lower than pure silver. With its cheaper prices and adaptability to be molded into designer pieces, sterling silver has carved its niche as a metal in the jewelry industry. Sterling silver is now used to make a lot of beautiful fashion accessories for women and men alike.

Sterling Silver vs. Real Silver

While they are often used interchangeably, the two are quite different from each other. Pure silver, which is also known as fine silver, has a concentration of 99.9 % silver. It is the purest form of silver, thus making it unsuitable for making jewelry as it is rather too soft. Alloys of silver are used for jewelry making as they are far stronger than their pure counterpart.

Sterling silver is an alloy of pure silver with copper. It has 92.5% of pure silver with the remaining 7.5% being either copper or metals like zinc or nickel. Due to the presence of these metals as impurities, this alloy is stronger than just pure silver, which is why it is used for making ornaments. The presence of other metals, however, does increase the chances of tarnishing. Sterling silver jewelryis often coated with pure silver to improve the luster.

With the rising demand, the B2B sale of sterling silver is whopping too. Online retailers prefer to buy designer 925 sterling silver jewelry at wholesale prices from genuine and reputed wholesalers online, to bag great deals and great designs.

Be the first to review this item!

Bookmark this

08 Nov 2017

By P&K Jewelry